Created by our nutritionist Liv Kaplan, these totally sugar-free and vegan cookies are addictive! Packed with healthy plant protein, you can’t get a more nutritiously dense cookie. The dough is crumbly to start with but once you get your hands in there you’ll find it comes together easily. Enjoy them with extra peanut butter and chocolate… Or even better sandwich two of them with a dollop of peanut butter! You can never have enough right? Make sure to leave to cool completely before eating, and they taste just as good (if not better) the next day!
Makes: Approx. 15 cookies
Dietary: vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, high protein
¾ cup Hemple Hemp Seed Protein
½ cup ground flax seeds
¾ cup almond meal
2 tablespoons crystalised stevia
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
½ cup natural peanut butter
70g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the hemp protein, flax seeds, almond meal, stevia and salt.
- Add coconut oil and peanut butter and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. You may need to finish it off with your hands.
- Add in the chocolate chips. The dough will be crumbly but will come together eventually.
- Take tablespoons of the dough, shape into cookies with your hands and place on the baking tray. Use a fork to imprint them if you’d like. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Imagery by Phoebe McCreath.