- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tsp English mustard
- zest of ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 350 g salmon (about 3 fillets) cooked
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- 2 baby cos lettuces, sliced in half
- 1 lemon
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons Lola's Hemp Seed Pesto
- Mix the potato, hemp seeds, mustard, lemon zest, herbs and some seasoning. Lightly mix in the salmon, taking care not to break it up too much. Shape into 4 large fish cakes.
- Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 shallow dishes. Dip the cakes into the flour, dust off any excess, then dip in the egg, and finally coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the cakes over a medium-low heat for 3-4 mins each side until deep golden and heated through.
- Serve salmon cakes in fresh burger buns or lettuce leaves layered with pesto and avocado.